# 17 LOOKUPS (see also in Nodes)
//TODO Lookups are a feature in the platform to translate text to other text without creating a large amount of Nodes. Preliminaries
- You need a data field that contains strings (text)
- You need other text you’d like to translate the data field values to. It is not necessary to have a match for every data field value.
# Here is how you use Lookups
- Create a Data Node, that reads the data you want to tranlate. Make sure it has the right Data Path and is of Data Type Text
- Add a Lookup Table Node.
- Click on the Lookup Table Node and then in the right menu on edit table
- elect languages (If you don’t have multiple languages, skip this step)
- Click on Add Lookup
- Write one of your data values in the field Key
- Write the desired output of Key into the Fields next to it
- Repeat until all your values have an assigned output
- Create a Mapping Node and connect the two Nodes from step 1 and 2 to it.
- Add the code get(#table,#key,#key) to the Mapping Expression - The Mapping Node should now preview a $phraseX
- Attach a Group Node and a Variable Node to the Mapping Node