//branching and branches branching settings: Trigger, weight skip branch if variables are empty//
Branches are visual representations of the structures and sub-decisions in your statements. Branches give support at formulating your statements in more variable ways and arranging their components according your requirements.
When writing a statement you have the possibility to branch off at certain points in a statement to create more than one way to express the information or to activate different predicatements, depending on the data. For this you can create branches that span one or more words, phrases, or entire sentences. The branches appear one below the other in the Write Tab, so you can easily keep track of your construction . For each branch you can specify in the Branching Point different modes of deciding which branch to render, in this way you can easily implement logic while writing your text. Within a branch (sub)-branches can be created. You can copy and paste branches for multiple use.
# Functions of branches
- Write multiple variants of statements and see them all at once .
- Set and manage synonyms – words, sentence parts or complete sentences for variation in your texts.
- Define a proper verbal output for different data .
- Set conditions for rendering certain parts of statements.
- Adjust the variance of the branches very flexibly by setting a weight parameter.
- Refer to container by role.
# The settings for branches and branching
You create branches in the Write Tab of the NLG Platform by marking these parts of a statement, that should have more than one variant (and clicking on the Branching Symbol) With this marking you define a point where the statements will split into one ore more branches, called branching and the point where the branches come together again. You can change the order of the branches by drag and drop. For each branching you can define the conditions under which this branch should appear
- Select the corresponding trigger variable you created in the Transform Tab .
- weight Depending on the specification of the weight, the probability that the branch is triggered increases or decreases.
When you click on the Branching Symbol you open the settings of the branching in the right panel, where you can define the mode of processing the associated branches:
- first: the first valid branch will be chosen
- random: the branches are chosen randomly ()